Every fall, our chapter accepts nominations for “Engineer of the Year,” Educator of the Year,” Fresh Face of Engineering,” and “Project of the Year.” The winners are recognized at our annual meeting in January and are also nominated for the same awards to the Utah Engineers Council (UEC). Beginning this year we are adding a “Transportation Professional of the Year” award to recognize other transportation professionals (planners, technicians, researchers, etc.). We know there are many deserving candidates and projects to be nominated this year. Please consider recognizing those you work or have worked with and submit nominations to us for these prestigious awards. Nominations will be accepted through November 15th, 2013.
Engineer-in-Training – Transportation
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
J-U-B ENGINEERS, Inc. (www.jub.com) an ENR Top 400 Design Firm and past winner of the Top 50 “Best Civil Engineering Firms to Work For” by CE News, is seeking an Engineer-in-Training for our Transportation Group to work in our Utah Region. The successful candidate will have experience utilizing Microstation / AutoCAD on transportation design projects as well as documentation skills.
Short and long-term activities include…
- Design work focused on roads/highway projects utilizing the latest in design software applications.
- Teaming with senior engineers for provision of Plans, Specifications and Estimates as well as various technical reports and CADD services for predominantly public agency transportation projects.
- Supporting coordination of existing public agency clients and relationships.
- Design/build procurement documentation.
- Partnering with senior engineers during interaction or attendance at public meetings, public forums and open houses regarding project details, informing the public, as required.
- Attending city council and planning and zoning commission meetings for public clients, as required.
To be successful you will need…
- Bachelor degree (B.S.) in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Certification as Engineer-in-Training (passed Fundamentals of Engineering Exam).
- Two years experience in the Transportation arena is desired.
- Experience utilizing Microstation & AutoCAD.
- Ability to partner with senior engineers to deliver engineering solutions.
Salary range is commensurate with experience.
Submit your resumes to email@example.com
Visit our website today at www.jub.com.