The Wasatch Front Regional Council (WFRC) – the Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) and Association of Governments (AOG) for the area of Salt Lake, Davis, Weber, Morgan and Tooele Counties in Utah – is seeking a full-time GIS Analyst.
The GIS Analyst position will be an integral part of the WFRC Information Services team. Under supervision, this position will be primarily responsible for both day-to-day and publication-quality cartographic output, assisting with the compilation, manipulation, and analysis of spatial and tabular data, and fulfilling of data and map requests from internal and external customers.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Create maps in ArcGIS for internal and external use, as well as for publication.
- Create, edit, and maintain spatial datasets using ESRI ArcGIS products.
- Perform analysis of spatial and tabular data.
- Display and communicate complex concepts in clear, understandable ways.
- Propose and implement improvements to WFRC data management practices.
- Respond to requests for data and mapping from internal and external customers.
- Attend public meetings and open houses.
- Participate on internal teams relating to the Regional Transportation Plan, Transportation Improvement Program, Community Development Block Grant, and others.
- Attend user group meetings.
- Provide occasional internal training on GIS topics.
- Other duties as assigned.
1. Graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in Geography, Planning, or related field. Master’s degree preferred. Coursework in GIS is required.
2. Two (2) years of responsible experience related to above duties. Proficiency with ESRI products, including ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Online, MS Office suite (especially Excel). Experience/classwork with statistical analysis packages and/or Python a plus.
3. An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Those interested in this position should submit a letter of interest briefly outlining their experience and qualifications (1 – 2 pages) and a resume to Ned Hacker, Wasatch Front Regional Council, 295 North Jimmy Doolittle Road, Salt Lake City, Utah, 84116 by Monday, June 16, 2014. Alternatively, the letter and resume can be sent by email to email@example.com. For further information, contact Ned Hacker at the addresses above or at (801) 363-4230 x 1120. For general information, please visit our website at www.wfrc.org.
The Wasatch Front Regional Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.