Wasatch Front Regional Council
Transportation Planner (Filled as a Planner I-II)
Job Description and Announcement
The Wasatch Front Regional Council (WFRC) – the Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) and Association of Governments (AOG) for the area of Salt Lake, Davis, Weber, Morgan, Tooele and southern Box Elder counties in Utah – is seeking a full-time Transportation Planner.
The Planner will work on the WFRC Transportation and Land Use Connection (TLC) program. This position will be part of a core team that is responsible for assisting local communities in their planning and implementation efforts that address anticipated growth and seek to enhance quality of life. The TLC program encourages communities to integrate their land use with regional transportation plans consistent with the Wasatch Choice Vision.
Functions and Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performs coordinating duties and tasks related to the ongoing development, production and maintenance of the TLC Program, including an annual progress report and public outreach efforts.
- Provide land use planning assistance to local governments which may include public engagement activities, policy recommendations, graphical and written communications, and plan writing.
- Represent the agency by providing planning assistance to various local professionals, elected officials, general public, committees, task forces, local governments and state and federal agencies.
- Coordinate/ manage/ participate as point of contact for the TLC program and serve as liaison between the WFRC and TLC Partners and outside agencies/ user groups. Act as staff to technical committees and facilitate various local government projects.
- Prepare and deliver written and oral communications to a wide variety of stakeholders, conveying transportation and land use concepts and recommendations in a clear, compelling manner. This may entail training activities related to the Wasatch Choice Toolbox.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in urban planning, engineering, geography, public or business administration or related field. Master’s, equivalent experience or enrollment in Master’s degree program preferred.
- Three+ (3+) years of increasingly responsible professional experience in transportation planning, engineering, urban design or related field. Personal computer software experience with (MS Office Suite) word processing, project management and spreadsheet application required. Mapping and GIS application experience desired.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
The Planner position is a full-time, salaried position that includes a generous benefits package. Salary based on experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants should submit their resume and a letter of interest briefly outlining their experience and qualifications via e-mail to Ned Hacker at firstname.lastname@example.org, by the close of business, Wednesday, February 8, 2016, or by regular mail to 295 North Jimmy Doolittle Road, Salt Lake City, Utah 84116. If you have questions you may also call him at (801) 363-4230 x 1120. For general information, please visit our website at www.wfrc.org.
The Wasatch Front Regional Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.