TRANSPORTATION ENGINEER POSITION(S)
PineTop Engineering, a Wasatch Front transportation design and operations firm, is looking to fill one, or possibly two, staff positions immediately. PineTop is a 10-year-old company specializing in traffic signal operations and Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) operations for various State and Local governments and agencies across Utah. Our firm is headquartered in Murray.
Anticipated tasks and roles within our industry niche are eclectic, ranging from Microstation plan development to wiring and device configurations on site in the field. Typically, most staff will be working in some and/or all of the following areas;
- Coordinated signal timing development and deployment.
- Design (CAD) for both traffic signal and ITS /communication projects.
- Field maintenance of both signal and ITS devices (device configurations, communications setup, testing and troubleshooting electronic equipment).
- Staffing (part time) at the UDOT Traffic Operations Center to remotely manage and respond to incidents, construction and weather events during the day.
Salary will depend on experience but is anticipated to be in the range of $70k/yr to start. Beyond salary, our benefits package is very competitive, furnished office space, cell phone and laptop, a company vehicle and all tools/safety gear for each employee, 14 paid holidays, 25 vacation/sick days annually, company health insurance, a matching IRA program, and generous annual bonuses.
As a highly specialized, highly technical niche industry, few candidates are anticipated with the precise skill set required. We are willing to train intelligent, motivated employees, provided they meet the following basic pre-requisites:
- Able to work on your own and manage projects and tasks with little oversight (once trained).
- Reasonably experienced with computers, with a knowledge of how to work with various utilities and programs, modify ports and IP settings, comfortable typing and working with spreadsheets, etc.
- Have a clean driving record (required to be on our commercial auto insurance).
- Willingness to work both in and out of an office environment; significant field work in all
Beyond weather is required. these required elements, significant preference will be given for the following:
- College degree in a technical or engineering field.
- EIT status (working toward a PE) or a licensed PE.
- Hands-on experience with traffic signals and/or Intelligent Transportation Systems and/or fiber and wireless communications.
- Knowledge of, or experience with, CAD (Microstation).
Provide a resume (with references) to Michael Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call at 801-556-5018.